Today's shimmery FOTD is created using the strobing technique. This trend is right up my alley as I love shimmer and sparkles.
For those of you who are not quite familiar with the strobing trend, it is a makeup technique that defines and enhances your features by adding light with shimmer powders, liquids or creams...quite the opposite of contouring and far less complicated. Contouring is all about defining and sculpting your features by using darker powders, bonzers or cream.
On to my look....
My look is all about the shimmer. I may have gone overboard with my highlighter, but what can be expected from a gal who loves sparkles! You don't have to be as heavy handed as I have been, you can definitely tone it down by using less highlighter.
|Photo taken inside|
- Estee Lauder Daywear BB Cream "Medium"
- Mac Strob Cream - Mixed into my BB cream
- Prism Highlighting Pigment (available this Fall)
- Prism Stuck on You Eye and Lip Primer
- Sephora "Almost Nude" Eyeshadow Palette - Used the peachy shade over entire lid
- Prism Highlighting Pigment (available this Fall) - used in the inner corner of the eyes and under brows
- Prism Gel Eyeliner "Black Caviar"
- DiorShow Iconic Over Curl Mascara "Over Black"
- Bobbi Brown Lip liner "Beige"
- Prism Lipstick "Nudi Gal"
- Nars Lipgloss "Striptese"
- Prism Hightlighting Pigment (available this Fall)- used on the cupids bow
So that completes my shimmery FOTD. What do you think of this trend...are you loving it or leaving it?
Thanks for reading!